How to Apply for SSD Online
Posted on behalf of Dayes Law Firm PC on Oct 12, 2016 in SSD
Applying for Social Security Disability benefits online can save time and resources and help streamline the process.
Prior to applying online, it is imperative that you determine if you are eligible to use the online application. You must meet these Social Security Administration (SSA) requirements:
- Be older than 18 years of age
- Not currently collecting disability benefits on your own record
- Must be unable to be perform work because of a medical condition anticipated to last at least a year or end in death
- Within the previous 60 days, you have not been turned down for disability benefits
Once you have met the above requirements, you are ready to start filling out the online application at your own convenience.
How to Apply Online
The most important aspect about successfully applying for disability online is to be prepared. The following four steps can help you start the application process.
- Review the Adult Disability Checklist – This list is helpful when it comes time to gather necessary information to support your application.
- Visit the SSA’s application page – Begin a new application and set aside several hours for completion. If you need to, you can save the application and work on it at a later time.
- Submit your application to the SSA – One of the final steps of the application process is to submit the application after completion. If necessary, the SSA will contact you regarding any questions about your claim. You can check your application’s status online as well after submission.
- Wait for your SSA letter – After submitting your application, you will receive a letter in the mail from the Social Security Administration once a determination has been reached.
Even though the online disability application is convenient to complete, you still could need the advice of an experienced disability attorney. Gathering medical evidence and ensuring you have the appropriate documentation are an integral part of the process for successfully receiving benefits. A lawyer will walk you through this application process with ease.
If you need help filing out a disability application or you were denied and want to file an appeal, contact a Phoenix Social Security Disability attorney at Dayes Law Firm PC today.